Overeating is a common problem in our culture.
Obesity is one of the most common, yet preventable diseases our country is facing and it epitomizes a growing societal concern.
Most people have a hard time differentiating between a serving size and a portion.
Let’s clarify some of the confusion:
- A serving is what is recommended and listed on the label.
- A portion is the actual amount of food you choose to eat.
Learn to Control
Do you ever ask yourself, “Why do I overeat?”
Most of us don’t overeat based on likes, dislikes, hunger or mood. We overeat based on convenience. It is the visual cues, social and cultural prompts, and external circumstances that guide us to indulge more, oftentimes in ways we don’t recognize. Unfortunately we have become numb to the signals that our body sends us, thus we are not letting our ‘master compass’ do its job properly. We give up control to external factors rather than using an internal cue to signal "Enough!"
Negative Consequences of Overeating
While the list of negative consequences in regards to overeating is endless, here are a few of the most common culprits:
- Early disease/death
- Poor health/wellbeing
5 Tips to Help Navigate Overeating:
- Eat enough during the day
- Keep ‘trigger foods’ out of the house (most of the time)
- Don't mistake hunger for thirst
- Eat by the clock, set certain times to eat during the day
- Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up, just get back on track at the next meal/snack, there is no need to throw in the towel for the day or week
Thank you for visiting our blog!
We hope you will join our newsletter to stay up to date with special offers, company updates, recipes, workouts, and more!
Newsletter subscribers regularly receive newsletter-only promotional codes. Join Team All Force today and start taking advantage of our exclusive deals.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your health or fitness, or any suggestions for anything you think we could improve on, we love hearing from our customers!